Most of us are looking for ways to save money on phone bills, and fortunately, smartphone users have many applications in hand for the same. When you are calling abroad, the cost of calls do matter, but thanks to the plethora of applications that allow free and cheap calling, you don’t need to struggle to save money, nor you need to reduce your talks. Here, some essential ways to save on international calls have been discussed.
- The first way to save on international calls is VoIP. You can come across many services that use VoIP technology to offer free and unlimited calling. Such services are extremely useful for saving on international calls as most of these services are designed to offer free calling between users.
- Skype has been traditionally known to offer cheap and free calling, but currently, there are many others such as Fring, Viber, Tango and Kakao that offer free calling and with rates that are lower than Skype. However, you may need to invite your friends, relatives and colleagues on the application, while almost most people are already on Skype.
- When it comes to international calling services, don’t settle for anything that just offers voice calls. There are services, such as Tango, that offers free video calling, and there are many more that offer SMSing, texting and chatting services, as well.
- Certain applications have their own patented technology for offering free international calling, and if you are looking to use them, ensure that you check the reviews in advance. Some technologies are just not worth paying your attention.
- Finally, free calling and cheap calling may not be applicable to all countries, and that’s one reason, you need to see if a service is available in particular country. Also, make a check to see that a calling application works on your smartphone.